Here’s what we know so far:
- There are 7 different types of Coronaviruses, they were first identified in the 1960’s. Included in those seven is SARS. Remember that?
- Coronaviruses have poor survivability on surfaces.
- The main way it spreads is through respiratory droplets.
- Washing hands and covering your mouth when sneezing or coughing limits the spread of this disease. If washing your hands regularly, or covering your mouth when sneezing and coughing is something new you need to start doing, please do not come to Fight Sports Centre.
- Mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
At the time of writing, mortality rate is 0,035, or 3,5%. To put that in perspective, SARS had a mortality rate of 10%, MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome) has a mortality rate of 34%, and Ebola has a morality rate of 90%.
If you don’t have cancer, hypertension, chronic respiratory disease, diabetes or cardiovascular disease, your risk of death drops below 1%.
88% of Coronavirus cases are considered mild, 94% of cases recover.
What are we doing at Fight Sports Centre to deal with this coronavirus?
Nothing different. We always take hygiene very seriously. As usual, the gym is being sprayed with multiple powerful disinfectants multiple times a day. As usual, we have soap dispensers in the bathrooms, and a hand hygiene dispenser available in the gym.
See you in the gym.
in 2019, diabetes caused 4.2 million deaths, and 374 million people are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
1 in 7 deaths in the USA is due to coronary artery disease, aka. heart attacks.
At least 2.8 million people die each year as a result of being overweight or obese.
If you’re genuinely concerned about your health, about living a long, healthy life, you should be in the gym. That’ll put off the things taht are actually a big risk, rather the the stuff the media is making a fuss about.